Saturday, November 19, 2011

Morning Musings

It is 6:30 in the morning and I have just finished my reading from the One Year Bible.  This reading started in Ezekiel about his dream/vision of two sisters who commit harlotry with Egypt and Babylon.  I know these sisters represent Israel and Judah and their abandonment of commitment to God.  In the same section Ezekiel's wife dies and God tells him not to mourn for her as a sign to the people.

I've got to admit that is a weird section of scripture!

Then I got to the Psalms for the day from Psalm 127--loved this part.  All about "unless the Lord builds the house the workers labor in vain."  This was easy application.

Then came the New Testament section from Hebrews 11 about faith being the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen.  And then the stories of the great people who did awesome things "by faith."

After the reading I took a moment to see what God was trying to say from these mixed up passages.  And then the light came on.  God wants to build my life, family, and ministry and I have to accept that "by faith."  I have to be careful not to look to the ways of the world--Egypt and Babylon--to accomplish what God wants to do.

So today, I ask God to protect me from looking to the world for my satisfaction, support, or joy.  I ask for God anointed eyes of faith to see what He wants to do in and through my life.  And, by faith I believe that God is building me, my family, and Christ Church to impact our community and our world.

1 comment:

  1. Now that is a Good Challenge for us Slightly Older Folks too!!

    ReplyDelete