Saturday, January 5, 2013

Joy


I have told you these things so that you will be filled with my joy. Yes, your joy will overflow! (John 15:11 NLT)

Joy should be a characteristic of every follower of Christ. At His birth the angels declared "good news of great joy" and Jesus said His teaching was so His followers would be "filled with my joy."

Joy is dependent on a relationship not a circumstance. Our relationship with Jesus is the source of our joy. There are a lot of "joy killers in life"--that's why we need a daily renewal of our relationship with Jesus to keep our joy tank full. 

How's the level in your joy tank?
What can you do to increase your joy?

Prayer: Lord Jesus, thanks for bringing "good news of great joy." Today I confess that Jesus is my joy. You have cleansed me and given me a purpose for living. You fill me with fresh joy every day. Holy Spirit please open my heart to receive the "joy of the Lord" as my strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment